Have you been laid off from work? Are you about to be laid off from work?
Losing a job is one of the most stressful events you may experience in your professional career. Arizona@Work – Southeastern Arizona Dislocated Worker Program can ease the stress of unemployment and help laid-off workers prepare for job searches and successful return to work.
Individuals are eligible for dislocated worker assistance under WIA (Section 101 (9) and (10) if they:
- Have been laid off or have received a notice of termination or layoff from employment and are eligible for or have exhausted entitlement to unemployment compensation; or
- Have been terminated or laid off, or have received a notice of termination or layoff, from employment because of a permanent closure or a substantial layoff at a plant, facility, or enterprise; or
- Are employed at a facility where the employer has made a public announcement that such facility will close within 180 days; or
- Were self-employed but are unemployed as a result of general economic conditions in their community or because of natural disasters; or
- Are displaced homemakers, (individuals who have been providing unpaid services to family members in the home, and who have been dependent on the income of another family member but are no longer supported by that income; and are unemployed or underemployed and are experiencing difficulty in obtaining or upgrading employment.